Friday, November 28, 2008

smoke alarms?

Okay, this is just going to be a weird post. I am warning you now. As I laid in bed the other night, I started thinking about my daughter, fast asleep downstairs. I usually do my best thinking when I am wide awake in bed and Mark is fast asleep (usually if I drank any caffeine and can't fall asleep.) Recently I can't drink caffeine after 5 p.m. or I am UP! I have a little list next to my bed to make notes for myself or add to my To Do list. I should just get up but somehow that makes me feel like I'm going to be more tired the next day so I instead lay there and wait for sleep to come.
Sorry that was a sleep tangent. Back to the purpose of this post...I started thinking and realized that I have never once checked the fire alarms in this house since we have moved in. What if a fire started downstairs? Would we even know before it was too late, especially with Addelyn's bedroom so far away from ours? Do we have fire extinguishers anywhere in the house? Gosh, I think so...not sure though.....
These thoughts made it to my list to check in the morning. I considered doing it right then and there but realized Mark and Addelyn wouldn't probably appreciate the alarm testing at midnight. Yesterday we did some testing of the fire alarms (which I realized are definitely not located in some VERY important rooms like the kitchen and in the basement near the furnace). Some of the alarms had no batteries. Some were dead.

Glad that random thought passed my mind. I think the Diet Pepsi at night is a good thing for me once in awhile. Keeps me on my toes....

3 comments:

Becky Bartlett said...

Nice work, Hoskinsons!! Glad you got those alarms checked out. Did you brave the Menards crowds at 5am yesterday to purchase the last couple you needed? :) Hope your Make Something day was fun!

Unknown said...

goodness girl that's a good post. i need to get on that asap.
i heart dt pepsi toooo :)

Ashley Schrage said...

That is one sweet looking little boy :) And I LOVE the picture of Addelyn wearing her dad's hat :)