Friday, June 20, 2008

am i horrible or what?

Today we had Addelyn's six month appointment. She has grown......she is 16 lbs and 25 and 3/4 inches long. Right in the 50th percentile again- our average sized babe! She was a little fiesty - and didn't appreciate Dr. Van Sickle checking her ears and mouth. After she did that, Addelyn keep giving Dr. VS "the look" and cried when she got close to her. Oh great, already she is afraid of the doctor. And of course, six month shots...never fun...she turned bright red, held her breath, and cried a cry that i haven't heard for A LONG time (thank goodness.)
You see, I have this problem, when people get hurt....I laugh. When Mark stubs his toe, I can't stop laughing. When someone falls going up or down the stairs, my immediate response is laughing. I know, it sounds sadistic almost. I can't help it. If I could control it, I would stop.
So guess what happens when Addelyn starts crying after shots? Yep, you guessed it. I laughed. AHHH...not a mean laugh but just my automatic-someone-got-hurt-kind-of-laugh. Mark was hoping I would be cured of this meanness by becoming a mom. Guess not..........................

3 comments:

Hannah Joy said...

Hahah! I do the same thing. Well not at shots, but when she falls on her face and starts fussing I think it's kinda funny. I feel mean but it really is funny to watch her discover how gravity works some times.

I HATE shots, I took Riley to them alone last month for her 5 month. She got 2 at once (we're doing an alternate schedule, she generally only gets 1 or 2 per appointment),and screamed a scream I have NEVER heard in my life. It was only "I hurt" scream for a minute and then it changed to freakin mad high pitched screaming for 10 minutes. Broke my heart...I'd rather have Ryan hold her for the shots and hand her off to me for comfort. Make him be the bad guy. :0)
We go for her 6 month next week, not looking forward to it.

I've enjoyed peeking in on how things are going in your life... Sounds like Addelyn is growing so fast! I can't believe she's 6 months already!

Unknown said...

I can just picture you in the exam room with her getting shots and laughing! i love it! i can also imagine her SCREAM! Sorry Dr. VS :) Can't believe the kids are SIX months old!!! Jess

Anonymous said...

You're terrible lol. Just like the time when I fell out of the shower when I was young and you laughed hysterically at me--nice! Hope you're doing well. Love ya!