Tuesday, June 22, 2010

all in the name of convenience

today addelyn and i went through the drive thru at mcdonalds. why is it that i have a hard time admitting that? is it that i'm embarassed that i'm not cooking? maybe it is my pride- i don't want people to know that sometimes my daughter gets to eat unheathly foods or that i spend $3.89 so she can eat lunch on the way home to save time? maybe it is because ever since i saw the movie "supersize me," i am disgusted by the reality of the food. i just don't know what my issue with mcdonalds is because every so often, i can put it aside for the sake of getting my child a happy meal. today i told her we were having a special picnic in the car so she was extra excited about that.

as we waited in the drive thru - behind a line of five cars- for her happy meal (chicken nuggets, apple dippers, and milk)- addelyn said, "bump the car in front mommy, i am hungry!" addelyn has not seemed to develop the mcdonalds complex that i have. YET.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh I loathe McDonalds. And yet, every time we leave town, I get it as a treat for Carter. He loves it too. The only thing that makes me feel better about it is that it is so infrequent. I think as long as they aren't eating it on a daily basis, it's probably fine.