Monday, October 10, 2011

stories

Addelyn is telling the stories like crazy these days. She shares her imagined stories in the most matter of fact voice- usually using hand gestures. We have to try our hardest not to laugh.
For example, this is ONE of the MANY daily stories:

Addelyn: My husband will be home soon. His name is Matt. I call him honey.
Me: What is his last name?
A: Oh, Kramer. Well, sometimes Hoskinson. But it doesn't matter, I call him honey. Yeah, he'll be home from work soon. I had my baby today. He came out and cried a lot. Matt is going to cook dinner now. What should we have for dinner he says?

PAUSE.

A: I am actually in high school. I am packing up for my Caravan trip now. And baby is going with me. Matt has to stay home though but baby likes to go, see I packed her bag!

(Usually I don't have to say much, I just listen! She has conversations with herself.) I LOVE LOVE LOVE this imagination. Makes me smile every day.

1 comment:

Jill said...

You know she is just like minature you. It sounds like you've been talking about your trip and she doesn't miss a beat. Love it!