Friday, August 8, 2008

books i read this week....

"The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch

"Reconciliation Blues" by Edward Gilbreath

Being it was our vacation week, I had time to read a few books. I would suggest both of these to you! Today I just finished "The Last Lecture" and it was a short and easy read that was amazing and really got me thinking about my life, about where it is going, and about what kind of legacy I want to leave when I die. I suggest you pick it up.

"Reconciliation Blues" is a glimpse into the life of a black evangelical man...and his experience in the predominately white church. It was interesting, eye opening, and challenging. Another good one to pick up.

Just figured I should share some of these great books with you. Any good reads to share with me? (Now that my vacation is almost over?!)

1 comment:

The Art Of Light Photography said...

i'm sure you already saw my books to read post but thought i would mention some here just in case you hadn't :) i just finished the kite runner which was a great way for me to start to understand a little bit about middle eastern culture along with an amazing story....and you can get the rest of my "reviews" of books i've read this year from that post...how about a c.s. lewis book? i'm reading "problem of pain" right now, amazing.
:)