Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mark's first and probably only post ever......



From an Upset Father and Cubs Fan::
For some reason Grandma Kathy thought it would be a fun picture to have Addelyn in a St. Louis Cardinals Shirt. Truth be told I think that Great Grandpa Quinlan paid her off. Grandpa Tom I hope that you are happy that my little Cub fan has dawned your Cardinal Red. Just so you know I'm sure that my Cub fan friends (Josh, Nick, & Justin) will be disowning me on our trip to Wrigley Field in late August. Since these pictures you will be happy to know that this Tee Shirt has found its way to the bottom of the closet to collect dust. Similar result to that of the St. Louis Cardinals in the NL Central. Sorry to break it to you Grandpa but third place in the Central won't get you in the playoffs. Seeing Addelyn in this shirt made me realize the lenths that I will go to make Great Grandpa Smile (you are really pushing it though).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain Hoss, Carter had to put on the cardinal and gold at the family reunion this past weekend for grandma poppen, it lasted about 2 hours before he spit up all over it and had to be replaced with the crimson and blue of KU. As long as it is only a 1 time deal, I've got your back.

-Hondo

Becky Bartlett said...

this is hilarious... nice work, Addelyn! Show your true cardinal spirit!! She can come join our cardinal family in that outfit. Boaz would be proud to wear it... looks like addelyn loved it also! :) See you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

So proud of you son for giving G-G Tom a pic of the little cardinal.
The smile it will bring to GG Tom is worth every second Addelyn worn the shirt.
We know the Cubbie blue/red is born into our little grand-daughter.

Sounds like little Carter does some grandparent pleasing to so at least you have an understanding friend.

If the Glickster gives you to much trouble about the shirt let me know I'll cut him of the scotcharoos.
Love
Grandma K