Monday, December 29, 2008

NOW i feel like a mom

After my poor baby was sick for a few days, she was taking a bath and did something she NEVER does. All of a sudden, there were little brown things floating up in the water. I had the fun of reaching in and picking the deposits out of the tub, one by one.
Two things ran through my mind in that moment...
1. This reminds me of the movie Caddyshack. Wow, I haven't seen that movie since high school. Too bad we own it in VHS.
2. I just picked up poop with my bare hands. I think I just had a rite of passage.
NOW I feel like a mom.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

you did NOT take a picture of that! you are SUCH a MOM!! please tell me you disinfected all those cute toys :) such a great post...I was laughing!!

Unknown said...

bah ha ha ha ha ha. i literally had to stop what i was doing to finish this post because i was laughing so hard. how funny.

Becky Bartlett said...

Hilarious! I'm glad you got a photo of that memory!! :) Don't shake my hand next time we hang out.

Mom said...

I thought the same thing as Jess, you know me and my germaphobia! Please tell me you also took her out, drained the tub, CLEANED the tub, ran new water, and gave her a new bath, with disinfected toys!! Hilarious!!! Thanks for sharing, and yes, you are now officially in the mom club!!!

Jenny

Bridget said...

OMG!! Addison just did that for the first time a couple weeks ago too!! I wish I would have gotten a picture of it too, unfortunately I was in there with her (well my feet and legs anyway!) I yelled and yelled for Jon to grab something to get it out of the tub while I tried to keep them from touching us! Hope you guys had a great Christmas and hope to see you soon!!

Kris Hoskinson said...

no worries you germ freaks! i definitely disinfected after this incident. in fact, the bathroom was greatly needing a cleaning so it just made me get moving on that! :)

Anonymous said...

Sis-I had not seen that pic yet. That is awesome lol. And I'm so proud you took a picture. Only pictures can describe ha ha. Love it! Love that little girl!