Monday, April 19, 2010

can't be crabby

It was one of those moments. I was tired, cranky, and ready for my little girl to get to bed. Did I tell you it was past her bedtime too? On a Monday night, after a long day?

Mark and Addelyn were wrestling in the living room, goofing around, and having a great time. I was the crabby Mom who came in and said it was time to get her pjs on and brush teeth. The play time continued without much of a notice of my asks. I got a bit cranky at this point and started to share with my husband how necessary it is to have him helping, being on the same page as me, blah, blah, blah, blah....I'm sure you can imagine this picture. Crabby Mom lectures Fun Dad.

Guess whose innocent little voice interrupted my lecture, I mean comments?
"Mommy, why you talking?"

Such an innocent question but truly at the heart of the moment. Who can be crabby in a moment like this? I'm sure when she says something of this sort in 5-10 years, I will not find it endearing but right now I can't help but smile.

2 comments:

Becky Bartlett said...

Hilarious, Kris! :) Those moments put things in perspective a bit, huh? I had a crabby moment like that just last night!!

jill said...

Ha ha. Good thing that didn't make you even crabbier. Oh lil Addelyn and her comments. She never ceases to amaze me. Hope to see ya soon!