Sunday, July 27, 2014

Through the Deep Waters by Kim Vogel Sawyer


After having our baby, I finally picked up a book that has been sitting on my shelf for awhile. The book, Through the Deep Waters, by Kim Vogel Sawyer, was a great read right now. I enjoyed disappearing into the story line in 1884 of a young girl, Dinah, who has the desire to become a Harvey girl and escape her years of growing up in a brothel, the daughter of a prostitute. She heads to Kansas to become a chambermaid. This is a story of redemption, faith, healing, forgiveness and love. It is a mixture of romance and drama and faith. I loved to read and get to know the characters of the story. She did such a great job bringing them to life. I definitely plan to look more into her books, as I think I'd enjoy reading more of her stories.




No comments: