Friday, January 29, 2010

The longest month

How do we get through the loooong, winter days?
We dress up! A hat, a purse, usually shoes too! Today she was "Going to nonnie and papa's house. Be careful, it slippery!" she said.

We have friends over to play! Ian and Addelyn colored and put stickers on their coloring books to pass the time. Addelyn loves to color with markers. Just keep an eye out. Sometimes markers end up coloring other areas of the house. The couch, my purse (that was with a Sharpie....grrr.....)

We pick out our own pjs every night. This pair obviously needs to be put into the "too small" container. Addelyn was not bothered though. Her belly hung out the front and the rings around the arms and legs were skin tight but she was proud of the ones she picked. It is a nightly tradition. "I pick them out!" she yells as she runs to her drawer. Everything is "I DO IT!" lately.
Everything.

We put a big bag of balls into our pack and play and Addelyn and Trey loved it. They jumped and rolled around and threw the balls! This was entertainment at our house for days.

Ahhh January. Although we have had a fun month, we aren't too sad to see you go.

4 comments:

Hannah Joy said...

She looks so much like you in the top picture!!! We haven't reached the "I do it" stage yet- I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to it or dreading it. I think it's having a baby sister but she wants us to do everything for her like we do for Amity...The only thing she's independant about is potty, any thing else is met with limp body and "I caaaan't". I THINK I'm looking forward to the next stage. Don't quote me on that. The pack play with balls is such a great idea!!!!! Filing that one for sure!

Becky Bartlett said...

Agreed... it's been a good month, but I won't miss it!! Fun ideas for miss addelyn's entertainment!

Unknown said...

love that pac n play! I may have to invest in one!!! it's perfect for kids playing IN it! Great pics and post :)

kristie schaul said...

Great post! I think we ALL are happy to see Jan. come and GO!!!!! Hopefully Feb. will not be as long (is it a leap year?) and the snow will start melting away for March! I LOVE the too small PJ's! Where did you get them? Addelyn is adorable and I can't wait to see you guys again! Won't it be fun when Finley and Addelyn can actually PLAY together and hold conversations with each other!