Do you know this number? It is the number for the Iowa Poison Center.
This is a great number to have posted somewhere in your house. I'm so thankful that I had it posted the other day when I found Addelyn in our cupboard, eating "candy." Too bad that she had found a bottle of stool softners that she decided to eat. I came around the corner and saw the pills scattered around on the floor and in her mouth. I didn't know how many she had eaten and she kept saying she had eaten "tree" (three).
I immediately panicked and called the Poison Center. No worries, they told me I had nothing to be concerned about. Just that I should be prepared for what was about to come and to keep her well hydrated! (which I'm sure you can guess what that meant....) She actually was fine and nothing really crazy happened later so I'm assuming she hadn't consumed too many.
Still, I learned a lesson. My random cupboard full of stuff that Addelyn has never cared about before or noticed was cleaned out. Another January organization project I finished (one I didn't plan on!) I realize that "toddler proofing" the house continues to mean new things every month!