Monday, March 7, 2011

a few more!

Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo- My grandma sent me this book and it was such a quick and easy read. This was the story of a little boy who had a near death experience and shares about meeting Jesus, experiencing pieces of Heaven and more during his almost dying moments on the operating table. I still don't know what to think of it all but it was intriguing and made me think! Especially close to the heart as I think about my little three year old girl. I would suggest this book for sure.

House Rules by Jodi Picoult- This was a book about a teenage boy with Asberger's Syndrome. He is accused of murder and the book is interesting as it focuses on the struggles of autism and also how the legal system works for people with developmental disorders. It was a book that was hard to put down but at the same time- not my favorite Jodi Picoult book. Still a good read though!

I am on a reading kick. I find myself struggling to do much else in my free moments besides read and so after finishing these last two books, I decided I needed a few days off before starting a new one. I have projects that need to happen before baby #2 arrives and this book reading is slowing me down. So my next new book can't start until Thursday....Saturday......we'll see:)
Any books you suggest I add to my reading list?

1 comment:

Leah said...

Any Sarah Dessen books are good if you haven't read her yet. She's probably below both of our reading levels, but I love her stories about people finding themselves and eventually falling in love. But what can I say, I'm a sucker for the romance novels.