Saturday, March 16, 2013

CSA time


I'm so excited about the fact that our CSA will soon be starting again! I've been craving some fresh veggies after the winter filled with items that have sat in crates way too long and traveled from other countries. It kind of makes me sick to my stomach if I think about it too much. I do have a goal of an actual garden this summer (taking the plunge, not just pots this year!) but I have decided to stick with our CSA too as who knows how I'll do with this garden. The CSA was so great for us last year- no matter if I made it to the grocery store or not- every single week we had new vegetables to eat. It helped us to get many, many more greens on our table and try new things. I planned our menus around the weekly items.

For those of you that are unsure if it would be something your family would like- I would definitely suggest it. It is a great way to support local farmers and it is actually very affordable when you think how much you would spend at the grocery store on the fresh stuff in the time frame you pay for. If you have questions let me know! Otherwise, check out their website below. (I am not advertising but I am just trying to share the love!!!)

http://www.bwagarden.com/


No comments: